To our Harsco Environmental Community,
COVID-19 is affecting everything about life and work as we know it. Here at Harsco Environmental, we are focused on how to best protect and support our families, employees, customers and communities in light of this unfolding crisis.
We have taken measures to protect our staff and customers as we navigate the challenges of the Coronavirus pandemic. In line with other businesses globally, we are monitoring and following all government and Health Service advice and working closely with our colleagues to keep our business running as usual, to the extent possible, and to keep our workforce and their families safe.
We have also instituted several policies to allow staff to work from home wherever possible. These steps serve to protect your employees as well as ours. Because our commitment to serving you is always a priority, our staff will still be contactable by phone and email, so we can support you the best we can. Additionally, we are:
- Restricting the access of non-essential visitors to all of our facilities
- Setting up strict protocols that must be followed by any essential visitor until further notice
- Providing employees with explicit directions about handwashing and other preventative measures, such as regular cell phone and laptop cleaning and sanitizing
- Providing appropriate sanitizers, cleaning sprays and/or wipes throughout our workplaces and in common areas to clean and disinfect hands as well as frequently touched objects
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning of all workplaces
- Instructing employees to stay at home if they are not feeling well
- Instituting team splitting to ensure business continuity
- Cancelling all external trainings; and
- Postponing attendance at all conferences and seminars
I also want to take this opportunity to thank and acknowledge our Harsco Environmental colleagues for their efforts under these unprecedented and challenging circumstances. It is our most fervent hope that these actions will allow us to resume normal operations as soon as possible. In the meantime, if our ability to service you is anyhow impacted, we will immediately be in contact to discuss mitigating strategies. We will keep you updated on our plans and if any further changes need to be implemented. We thank you for your understanding and patience.
Above all, stay safe and healthy.
VP & COO, Harsco Environmental
World Health Organization
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China
Ministry of Health Brazil